- Philosophy of International Journal of Physical Activity and Health
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and ScholarWorks
- Copyright Release Form
Philosophy of International Journal of Physical Activity and Health
For more information, please see International Journal of Physical Activity and Health Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in International Journal of Physical Activity and Health (IJPAH) provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting by submitting a manuscript to the IJPAH, the author is stipulating that the manuscript is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at the IJPAH.
Each manuscript must be accompanied by a cover letter which:
- Includes the statement: "This manuscript represents results of original work that have not have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic) except as an abstract in conference proceedings. By submitting this manuscript to the International Journal of Physical Activity and Health (IJPAH), I/we (the author/s) are stipulating that the manuscript is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print), and I/we (the author/s) will not submit the manuscript to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at the IJPAH. If accepted for publication, it will not be published elsewhere”.
- Indicates if financial interests regarding this manuscript exist; If so, includes the statement: “I/we (the author/s) have disclosed any perceived financial conflicts of interest related to the research reported in the manuscript in the Author's Notes."
- Includes the statement: “The research has received Institutional Review Board approval”.
- Includes the statement: "All authors accept responsibility for the integrity of the work reported and have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted."
- Indicates the section/area in which the authors want the manuscript to be reviewed.
If you have concerns about the submission terms for the IJPAH, please contact the editors.
The IJPAH requires APA (7th Edition) formatting (with several exceptions) for the final submission. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to produce an electronic version of the article as a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
Rights for Authors and the IJPAH of ICSPAH
In consideration for publication of the article, the author(s) assign to the International Chinese Society for Physical Activities and Health (ICSPAH) all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal-use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of ICSPAH, requires credit to ICSPAH as copyright holder (e.g., ICSPAH © 2022).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from ICSPAH provided the author(s) does/do not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the ScholarWorks/IJPAH website and/or software agree not to misuse the ScholarWorks/IJPAH service or software in any way.
The failure of ScholarWorks/IJPAH to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions of the parties as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between ScholarWorks/IJPAH and the Author(s) regarding the submission of the Article.