Number of Pieces: 2
Fabric and Trim:
- Main: polyester satin
- Overskirt: polyester chiffon
- Lining: polyester plain weave
- Wrap Scarf: polyester chiffon
- Trim: Metallic lamé
Construction Techniques/Design Aspects:
- Wrap scarf secured with a snap on right shoulder
- Lamé fabric used as accent trim around hips
- Dropped waistline
- Additional chiffon drape sewn to right side of skirt.
- Center-back zipper
- Bust: 35 inches (approx.)
- Waist: 29 1/2 inches (approx.)
- Hips: 38 inches (approx.)
- Back Length: 41 1/2 inches
- Sleeve Length: 24 inches
- Wrist: 9 inches
This garment was originally designed to have a neck scarf rather than a shoulder wrap; however, it was deemed to interfere with the actress' singing and therefore the design was altered.
© Darrin J. Pufall, 2013. Photo Credit: Kimberly A. Holling, 2016.
Roaring Twenties, 1920s, costumes, musical theatre