Planning Powerful Instruction, Grades 2-5: 7 Must-Make Moves to Transform How We Teach--and How Students Learn
Are you ready to plan your best lessons ever?
With so many demands and so much content available for teachers, we need to put a higher value on an often-overlooked skill: planning learning experiences that will both engage and inspire our students, by design, over time.
Planning Powerful Instruction is your go-to guide for transforming student outcomes through stellar instructional planning. Its seven-step framework—the EMPOWER model—gives you techniques proven to help students develop true insight and understanding. You’ll have at your fingertips:
- the real reasons why students engage—and what you must do to ensure they do
- a framework to help you create, plan, and teach the most effective units and lessons in any subject area
- more than 50 actionable strategies to incorporate right away
- suggestions for tailoring units for a wide range of learners
- downloadable, ready-to-go tools for planning and teaching
Whether you are a classroom teacher, an instructional leader, or a pre-service teacher, Planning Powerful Instruction will forever change the way you think about how you teach and the unique value you bring to your learners.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Wilhelm, Jeffrey D.; Miller, Jackie; Butts, Christopher; and Fachler, Adam, "Planning Powerful Instruction, Grades 2-5: 7 Must-Make Moves to Transform How We Teach--and How Students Learn" (2020). Faculty & Staff Authored Books. 553.