Planning Powerful Instruction, Grades 6-12: 7 Must-Make Moves to Transform How We Teach--and How Students Learn
Are you ready to plan your best lessons ever?
With so many demands and so much content available for teachers, we need to put a higher value on an often-overlooked skill: planning learning experiences that will both engage and inspire our students, by design, over time.
Planning Powerful Instruction is your go-to guide for transforming student outcomes through stellar instructional planning. Its seven-step framework—the EMPOWER model—gives you techniques proven to help students develop true insight and understanding. You’ll have at your fingertips:
- the real reasons why students engage—and what you must do to ensure they do
- a framework to help you create, plan, and teach the most effective units and lessons in any subject area
- more than 50 actionable strategies to incorporate right away
- suggestions for tailoring units for a wide range of learners
- downloadable, ready-to-go tools for planning and teaching
Whether you are a classroom teacher, an instructional leader, or a pre-service teacher, Planning Powerful Instruction will forever change the way you think about how you teach and the unique value you bring to your learners.
Thousand Oaks, CA
English/language arts (middle/high school), literacy, K-12, teaching methods and learning styles
Wilhelm, Jeffrey D.; Bear, Rachel; and Fachler, Adam, "Planning Powerful Instruction, Grades 6-12: 7 Must-Make Moves to Transform How We Teach--and How Students Learn" (2020). Faculty & Staff Authored Books. 552.